Monday, June 22, 2009

Form of a Flower


All photos by Amy Lamb

Bethesda resident Amy Lamb is not only a dedicated gardener (Bethesda Magazine, March/April 2008), she is also an accomplished photographer who regularly uses the flowers in her garden as subjects. You can still catch a show of her fine art floral photography this week at the Steven Scott Gallery in Baltimore. I love the way she finds universal form and structure in the smallest detail of each plant. Here's a quote from her website:

"The stunning structures of fruits and flowers demonstrate for me an elegant and mysterious partnership of form with function. In observing nature as a biologist, I am continuously awed by the marvelous designs revealed to me. As a photographer, my goal is to convey to the viewer some of the magnificence that passes before me."

You won't believe that this is the biologist's second career. Go now. It ends June 28.

"Large Scale Floral Photographs"
Steven Scott Gallery
808 South Ann Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21213
Telephone: 410.902.9300

No comments:

Post a Comment