Monday, June 1, 2009

MoCo Paused


I admit it. I've flown the coop. I've been enjoying the gorgeous state of New Mexico and just need to share with you some of the sights of Santa Fe. Years ago, when I first came to the capital city, it was nothing more than a traditional plaza surrounded by simple stores for tourists offering not much more than beaded belts and kachina dolls. By now it has exploded into an arts and tourists' mecca drawing an international crowd to its summer festivals, markets and renowned outdoor opera. Here are a few sights from around town. I'll be back in MoCo tomorrow night and will hit the ground running to get you all caught up on exciting, upcoming events.
Sculpture on Canyon Road

Folkloric art in the park

The fabulous painted glass windows surrounding a door at La Fonda Hotel

Folk art

Segways heading toward the Cathedral


Little faces beckon from a window

No comments:

Post a Comment