Saturday, June 6, 2009

Anthropologie & Austin


Ok, so I just got back from Albuquerque and Santa Fe, I know. And while I'm trying to adjust to the buckets of rain falling from our Washington skies, I get hit with this--the latest Anthropologie catalog shot partly in Austin, Texas, another fave city dear to my heart (and the capital city of the state in which I was born). What is it about Austin--the outrageously good music, the fantastic restaurants, funky architecture-- that makes good fashion sense come so easily to its real-life residents? And the catalog makers here got it just right. Culture + color = real life clothes that meld seamlessly into their surroundings--Deep Eddy, Alamo Drafthouse, Guero's Taco Bar. What better style statement is there? I'm going to hit up Anthro in Rockville today and see if I can bring a little of that Texas ease into my Bethesda burbs. I know, I know it's not Texas, it's just a store, but they got me feeling it. And that's the mark of a job well done.

1 comment:

  1. That catalog sounds awesome. I don't normally shop at Anthropologie (It's a little out of my price range) but maybe I'll have to check it out. On another note, you should check out my blog. I'm writing from an eco-friendly, vegan perspective but I'm based around Washington, DC too :)

    ReplyDelete