Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MoCo Movie Wonderland Style


This is the ultimate climax of fantasy, art and fashion for me: Tim Burton directing Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen (and Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, but she's a little too sweetly off-topic at the moment) in Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland due to come out next year. Judging by these pics (and of course, the cast), I love it already. Alice in Wonderland was a favorite book of mine; Lewis Carroll inspired many hours of play. When I was young, I played Alice in Wonderland over and over; being little Alice filled me with a terrified sense of the macabre. Later Carroll's imagination fed mine to produce college essays. I can hardly wait to see what Stephen Fry does with the Cheshire Cat. I want to go see it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment