Monday, August 24, 2009

Simply Santa Fe


I frequently go to New Mexico so today we're doing a little Shop Talk Santa Fe. There are so many wonderful stores for unique clothing, art and furniture, but I'll start with a Plaza staple. Simply Santa Fe was a must-stop on the Plaza long before all the other stores sprouted up and Santa Fe became SANTA FE. (Believe it or not, the famed downtown Plaza was once just a square with a Woolworth's and stores selling beaded belts and souvenirs.) Simply Santa Fe sells unique women's clothing on the main floor, some funky but all fashion forward. I spotted a fabulous white brocade coat and an embellished dress, two of the many things I'm unlikely to find in Bethesda. The top two floors are devoted to whimsical furnishings, dishes and accessories. The Italian porcelain plates I bought here years ago are my entertaining staples. My house-bored husband even gets excited about their furniture; I had to drag him out of a leather rocker, now on the list for our Southwestern someday dream house. This bed makes sleeping under the stars an everyday reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment