Friday, April 24, 2009

Shopping for Labels for Love



Last night I attended the Labels for Love charity shopping event hosted by CityShopGirl and Bloomingdale's in Chevy Chase, not only for the great clothes and drinks, but because I wanted to meet CityShopGirl Kelly Collis Fredrick. Once I got in I immediately went to the bar for my Bloomie's Martini (a perfectly chilled Absolut concoction with pineapple) and there she was! Saying hello to me because...I already knew her. But as Kelly. (So there, my memory isn't as bad as it seems.) After we chatted I took my drink and bruschetta (courtesy of Lia's) to lean on a checkout counter where I met two women from Arlington. I don't usually go to Arlington because I always get lost. But one of them not only had sisters in my hometown of Albuquerque, she also had spent time in Tucson and had a fabulous purse and necklace she had made herself. More new friends. Now it was time to make the supreme sacrifice and shop to "give back." This was a charity event, after all, giving a portion of proceeds to Labels of Love, which supports local women's and children's causes. Ever crafty, I used my 20% coupon for a Laundry dress, which was already 40% off. Score! Weekend dress problem solved. That plus one more from BCBG made the night a shopping success. I made new friends, reconnected with old ones, had a martini, great food from local restaurants (Lia's, Lebanese Taverna, Georgetown Bagelry) helped support Labels for Love and saved money. All in one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment