Thursday, July 22, 2010

Justin Trawick plays on Bethesda Lane

Last night I met a friend at Le Pain Quotidien in Bethesda. I had an ulterior motive in choosing that spot-- I wanted to catch folksy musician Justin Trawick playing just outside the door. It was a horrendously hot and humid night, but that didn't stop a good crowd from forming in front of the talented Trawick and his band. Of course, Bethesda being the small town that it is, despite its highrises towering over fancy cobblestone "lanes" of upscale boutiques, I ran into a friend whose son was playing drums with the group.  Like a person in New York who's never been to the Statue of Liberty, I often feel that I don't take advantage of all the free events going on just minutes from me. Justin Trawick is a talented act and I was happy I finally got to hear him--for free! He's playing Saturday at the 9:30 Club and at Rockville Town Square on August 5. To find out more about Bethesda Row's free Wednesday night concerts, check www.bethesdarow.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment