Saturday, July 17, 2010

Jazzercise - Move your Boogie Body 1982


"Oh yeah. That's Right. Hot dog." There are so many weird things going on around here. First, the earthquake. And seemingly coming from the depths of the earth--or the '70s--is the resurgence of Jazzercise. Today's MoCo Groupon deal comes eerily (for me) just days after a video of founder Judi Sheppard Missett demonstrating how to "move your boogie body" was circulating among my Facebook friends. I actually did Jazzercise pretty regularly in the '80s and liked it. But then our instructor wasn't leading it with quite the "gusto" Ms. Judi did in the YouTube version, so it was a little more low-key. I loved the combo of dancing around and then the muscle-strengthening floorwork (which at least I had some control over). Though my exercise routine has certainly evolved since then, it seems Jazzercise has too, incorporating hip-hop, Pilates and other more contemporary moves. If you want to try it, check out today's Groupon deal of $39 for two months of unlimited classes. If you want a trip down memory lane into early '80s mayhem, start the video and move that boogie body, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment