Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DSS afterglow


The DSS VIP line

What fun it was last night at the District Sample Sale in Georgetown. Just getting out and about is always fun enough for me, but shopping with friends (writer Cathy Alter, publicist Zena Polin, Kelly Collis Fredrick of CityShopGirl, Barbara Saylor of Capitol B, Makeda Saggau-Sackey of The Glamazon Diaries, publicist Jill Collins), plus champagne, great food and tons of clothes just about sent me over the edge. A reticent shopper not in awe of crowds, I surprised myself at the number of terrific buys I found. Fabiana Zelaya of Daisy Too gets the credit for getting me started and giving me that initial push into fashionland. She said she knew a Jae Basilio cardigan would look great on me, and she was absolutely right. So I got the long taupe and plum sweater for $68--marked down from $341. The bargain of the night. I followed that up with a pair of plum suede Bettye Mullers (from Simply Soles). And...I went from there. A black jersey dress from Emily Grace and a teal graphic Donna Morgan (perfect for my upcoming trip to Japan), champagne, a snack and a chance to say hi to many MoCo shop owners. And as always, kudos to Barbara Martin of The Patton Group. Am I gushing? Yeah, a little. Morning-after glow.

Ginger owner Gretchen Hitchner and friend, Cathy Alter


Cathy Alter, Zena Polin, Kelly Collis Fredrick, Maurisa Turner Potts, Jill Collins, Barbara Saylor

No comments:

Post a Comment